Wednesday, June 3, 2009

welcome to montana

So, I made it. I'm in Montana.

My first day, I met with the H.R. lady and found out that I am actually working in the grocery store, at least for the first week or so. From there, I had a brief - very brief - training as I began my eight hour shift.

I ended up walking back to the cabins (ha!) after dark and the path was lit purely by moonlight. It was amazing how well I could see - not only the road in front of me but also both the big and little dippers. It's about 3/4 of a mile up the hill to the Employee Village (EV from here on out), but so far I've enjoyed the walk.

This morning, my roommate and I went for a short hike in the park where I bought my pass. We walked right along the lakeside and couldn't have happened upon better weather. The sky was completely cloudless, and the lakes held a clear reflection of the surrounding snow-capped mountains. It was truly breathtaking.

As for now, I'm exhausted and off to bed. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment